I hold the following qualifications that allow me to provide the safest, highest quality process possible:
Your safety is top of mind when it comes to my encapsulation process! So I take the following precautions with every single placenta:
- I prepare your placenta in my encapsulation-only, OSHA-safe workspace. Rest assured that strict OSHA and blood borne pathogen safety and universal precautions are used consistently. Encapsulating in my workspace insures that safe environmental conditions and temperatures are maintained constantly through the process.
- I use universal precautions when handling your placenta: this means that I wear protective garments including gloves, a sleeved apron, hairnet and a mask throughout the process. I also wash my hands and change gloves frequently!
- I check the temperature of your placenta (it should be 40 degrees or lower) when I receive it and during the process to insure that proper food safety is being followed.
- I only encapsulate one placenta at a time.
- I follow sanitation procedures set forth by OSHA for handling blood borne pathogens in conjunction with food safety--this means that all of the reusable equipment used--such as dehydrator parts, knives, grinders, etc.--and work surfaces are washed in hot soapy water until spotless after each use and then immersed in a 1:10 bleach solution that is tested before use to insure proper bleach-to-water ratio, or by using Clorox Broad Spectrum Cleaner, before being rinsed and air dried.
- I ask each client about STD status. Clients with positive STD status are still able to encapsulate their placenta--they simply need to provide the reusable equipment necessary for the process (contact me for a list of needed items).
Methods of Placenta Encapsulation
You may choose from two methods of encapsulation:
- The Traditional Method is steamed prior to dehydration and then is ground and encapsulated in vegetarian size '0' capsules. The Traditional Method is the most popular method at Pensacola Placentas because of its consistent results, mild side effects, and lowest potential for food safety risks.
- The Raw Method is simply dehydrated and ground into a fine powder before being placed into vegetarian size '0' capsules. The Raw Method is preferred by women looking for the strongest impact and boost to their hormones and energy. The Raw Method is not recommended for mothers who are GBS +, or who have meconium in their fluid at birth. It is also may have a higher food safety risk, and has been reported by clients to cause intestinal discomfort such as bloating, gas, and constipation.
Placenta Encapsulation is not regulated by the FDA or Florida Department of Health. This service is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or symptoms. Statements regarding dietary supplements, as well as the content of this site, and the methods used by Belly to Cradle LLC (DBA Pensacola Placentas) are not reviewed or approved by the FDA. Families who choose to utilize these services take full responsibility for their own health and for researching and utilizing placenta.